lwip-users

[lwip-users] CGI - Porting uIP webserver app (httpd-cgi.c) to lwIP?

From: Ed of the Mountain
Subject: [lwip-users] CGI - Porting uIP webserver app (httpd-cgi.c) to lwIP?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:10:32 -0800 (PST)

I need CGI on my embedded PowerPC to interact with my target and call
functions that get target status and set LEDs, etc.

The lwip app httpserver_raw and fsdata.c work well with the makefsdata perl
script for generating web content.  Yet I was surprised to see that the uIP
project seems to be ahead of lwip with  respect to web servers even though,
from what I understand, lwip is intended to target 32-bit MCUs and uIP
targets simple 8-bit or 16-bit MCUs. UIP has what I need in the basic CGI it
implements in it's webserver app. Basically you insert a string in your
html, for example "%! net-stats", that you will associate with a net_stats
function you implement in httpd-cgi.c.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of dependencies in uIP that make porting the
uiP webserver app to lwip challenging; for example psock.c and other
intertwined dependencies.  Has anyone succeeded in porting or have other CGI
solutions for lwip?  I just need something simple.

Thanks in advance for any tips or direction,

-Ed