lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] CGI - Porting uIP webserver app (httpd-cgi.c) to lwIP?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] CGI - Porting uIP webserver app (httpd-cgi.c) to lwIP?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:59:11 +0100

> My understanding is that the lwip project is focused on implementing
> core protocols, and http is not one of them. Http server is considered
> just another application.

Exactly.

> The ones provided in contrib serve as simple
> examples to expand and build upon.

In fact I think it was originally included as an example how to use the RAW
API, not how to implement an HTTP server. For a fully usable HTTP server, there
are missing some more things like HTTP keepalive. Personally, I don't have
anything against a more advanced HTTP server in the contrib module, but as said
above, we try to focus our (free) time to making the core protocols work, which
HTTP is not one of.

Simon
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01