lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struggling to build a TCP echo server

From: Chen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struggling to build a TCP echo server
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:28:45 -0500

Hi, Francois,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I've never used netconn_* API, what is the difference/advantage/disavantage between netconn_* API and the ones I used?

Do you have a skeleton codes for the basic echo server using netconn_* API?

Chen

Hi Chen,

I'm working on a similiar project : basic echo server with FreeRTOS, but me I use the netconn_* API.  Right now it accepts only one connection, but I must program the server to allow multiple socket simultaneously, like you need to.

By the way i'm very new into socket programming.

I did'nt tried anything yet but thought of ways to acheive that:
  a.. bind every port/address you need, then listen to them.
  b.. create a task that waits for client to connect;
  c.. once a client connected, this task should start/resume the echo server task (which shall be the same code for every connections)
  d..  Try to share and manage lwIP ressource between all tasks.
    good luck

Francois