lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: Struggling to build a TCP echo server

From: Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: Struggling to build a TCP echo server
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:18:44 -0500

AVR32 automatically translate bind to lwip_bind, close to lwip_close, etc

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:52:44 +0000
From: Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struggling to build a TCP echo server

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 10:50 -0500, Chen wrote:

>    bind(lSocket, (structsockaddr *)&sLocalAddr,sizeof(sLocalAddr));

Shouldn't that be lwip_bind()...

>             close(clientfd);

and lwip_close()?

Kieran

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:58:17 +0000
From: Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] technical litrature of LWIP

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 12:52 +0530, devesh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want the technical litrature of LWIP(Raw and Other API)?

The lwIP wiki is the best place for documentation:
http://lwip.wikia.com/

> I want some
> answers like :
>
> 1. Why is called LightWeight Ip?

Because it is tailored to use on systems with few resources (in
particular memory), which are sometimes referred to as "lightweight"
rather than those that are more powerful which are sometimes called
"heavyweight"

> 2. What are its limitations?
> 3. what applications have been done so far?
> 4. what can be added in its source code.

Those questions are too generic for me to answer easily.  It has many
limitations, and practically anything can be added to its source code.
I don't know of a list of applications for lwIP - I'm sure there are
lots that aren't made public for example.

Kieran