lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] PPP without an OS

From: Michael Portmann
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] PPP without an OS
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:03:27 +1030

Rémy,

  I attempted to do this and could get a PPP connection established with my
windows xp system (COM1 <-> COM2), I think I got it connecting over GPRS PPP
as well. I had some trouble with serving up all items of the test web page.
Ping worked fine. I haven't done any more work on this since early this
year.

  I built starting with the ports/msvc6 code base, adding in the ppp code
and opened up the while loop in
pppMain() so it becomes a function that is called repetitively like the
other tcp calls rather than the main() function of a process.

  Other work has to be done with the sys functionality which isn't too bad.
I set NO_SYS
and created the following functions:
dotimeouts function that handles struct sys_timeouts
Sys_arch_block function that busy waits.

And basic do nothing versions of:
sys_mbox_new, sys_mbox_free, sys_mbox_post, sys_arch_mbox_fetch,
sys_sem_new, sys_arch_sem_wait, sys_sem_signal, sys_sem_free, sys_init,
sys_arch_timeouts, sys_thread_new.

Regards
Mike