lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] PPP without an OS

From: remy . newsgroup
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] PPP without an OS
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 09:58:25 +0100

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your reply, I would not used SLIP because the remote peer is not
windows and supports only PPP with authentication. I'll modify PPP to support
NO-OS version of lwIP.

Rémy

Hi Rémy,

I also looked at using PPP without an OS and changed my mind after
finding out that Windows supports SLIP. I don't need the authentication
and security.

I have a version of a SLIP driver that I could share, although it's
probably not public release ready.

Karl

Hello,

I'am trying to use the PPP stack for lwIP without an OS.
The ppp stack assumes that you use a multithreaded OS.

1) I'am wondering if someone has already used the PPP stack without an
OS.
2) I guess I have to rewrite the pppMain() function.
3) It seems that the sio_xxx functions are blocking functions, am I
right?
4) Is there a PPP port on win32 using the serial communication ports?

I use the lwip CVS head version (26/11/2005).

Thanks,
Rémy