lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP without an OS

From: Prateek Jain
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP without an OS
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:10:36 +0530

Hi Remy,

   I am not sure whether you can do it or not. The way ppp is started is

tcpip_init(YourcallbackFunc,NULL);
pppInit();

First call starts a tcpip thread and second one starts a pp thread.

There is some interaction between tcpip and ppp threads ( tcpip_callback(pppStartCB, arg) call in pppMain).
So until unless you have a mutithreaded OS, it will not be very easy. You will have to understand the interaction and implement it in one thread somehow.

I also feel that sio_XXX are blocking functions.

Reagrding item 4, I feel it's not very difficult. You will get serrial comm code on net. Just call the read function from your sio_read fuinction.

Prateek

Hello,

I'am trying to use the PPP stack for lwIP without an OS.
The ppp stack assumes that you use a multithreaded OS.

1) I'am wondering if someone has already used the PPP stack without an OS.
2) I guess I have to rewrite the pppMain() function.
3) It seems that the sio_xxx functions are blocking functions, am I right?
4) Is there a PPP port on win32 using the serial communication ports?

I use the lwip CVS head version (26/11/2005).

Thanks,
Rémy