lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:42:29 +0200

Hello Tony,

It is the Ethernet driver that introduces the alignment problems with its
14-byte header, which is why it appears to me to be more elegant to solve them
locally to the ethernet and etharp code. It is then not necessary to touch the
IP or TCP code at all (whereas my previous approach had many modifications to
them), as they are already 32-bit clean.

I see now. Your approach looks most elegant then. Agreed.

Leon.