lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:31:13 +0200

Tony,

Mountifield, Tony wrote:
OK, I have made a formal patch for this and submitted it to the Bug Tracker on Savannah
(bug #8708). I forgot to log in first, so it says it's from "None". Is there
any way to recover from that?

Thanks for that effort.

I think we should clean up the code to extract the unaligned header fields into the correctly typed temporary variables and use those variables in further protocol code.

The underlying thought is to keep the protocol code clean from solving the alignment issues.

I have applied your patch blindly to the current CVS tree, just to
make sure it gets developer attention as this is a long standing
important issue.

Regards,

Leon.