lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struct packing/alignment problems
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:31:05 +0200

Hello Timmy,

address@hidden wrote:
Ok, I have improved the performance of my ethernet driver and written a simple ftp client for lwip. I transfer a 50,000,000 Byte file from onboard SDRAM to a war-ftp server running on a PC. (File is written to disk on the PC) I use TCP copy, so each packet is copied from SDRAM to internal RAM prior to transmission.
The DM642 board is connected to the same 100Mbps switch as the PC.
With this setup I get 30.9Mbit/s.

There are however still things to improve in my ethernet driver, so I expect the performance of a fully optimised system to be at least equal to bf3Net.

Wow.

Can you release the DSP port and/or the adaptations you made to lwIP
to make it work for your DSP/compiler, or is this a closed source project?

Leon.