Re: [Ltib] what is the need for the autoconf tools in /opt/ltib/usr/bin?

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] what is the need for the autoconf tools in /opt/ltib/usr/bin?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:24:06 -0400

On 10/28/2011 03:54 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:

>> Granted I know I'm in a breadline begging for toast, but how can I
>> teach ltib to remove a host package if its no longer called out for
>> in config/userspace/ltib.preconfig? Then it should be relatively easy
>> to disable flex/bison and add them to pre_install_deps, remove
>> .host_wait_warning* and the next "./ltib" should clean things up in
>> /opt/ltib/user/bin...
>>

> You can run ./ltib --hostcf --configure and that will let you
> configure what goes into the host support packages without having to
> touch .host_wait_*
>
> Be warned though that because it goes through the config system, the
> dependencies for packages get evaluated, so some other packages you
> didn't expect may get pulled in.
>
> Note: with --hostcf, you can do all the normal ltib stuff, with a few
> provisos.
Stuart,

If I edit config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig and comment out some
packages (like gbison, flex, git) and run "./ltib --hostcf" it doesn't
remove the packages from /opt/ltib - it does if I run "./ltib --hostcd
--configure", and only after asking me if I want to drop them.  How can
I force ltib to drop the host packages that are no longer selected (and
not have to run --configure)?

I'm trying to automate the build process to handle changes to
config/platform/host/ltib.preconfig (as I run LTIB from buildbot).

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden