Re: [Ltib] what is the need for the autoconf tools in /opt/ltib/usr/bin?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] what is the need for the autoconf tools in /opt/ltib/usr/bin?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 08:52:25 +0100

Hi Jurgen,

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you're trying to generate the configure script using the autotools in LTIB?

If so, you can't reliably do this as the autotools is not portable across versions. This means while you're developing a package, you must use your own autotools to run autoconf and friends to generate configure etc.

The reason ltib has this is to satisfy the dependency on one particular target package (I can't recall the details right now).

So to be clear, when building an ltib .spec file, the configure script should already be in the sources. This is normally how a package maintainer would release a package. BTW: this is not a LTIB issues, any other build system would need the same thing as you can never rely on the same results from different versions of the autotools.

Regards, Stuart