Re: [Ltib] what is the need for the autoconf tools in /opt/ltib/usr/bin?

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] what is the need for the autoconf tools in /opt/ltib/usr/bin?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:02:55 -0400

On 10/27/2011 04:13 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
Hi  Jurgen,

I think in your case you may need to adjust your PATH variable in the
.spec file when running configure so that you pick up your hosts
autotools for this package.

Unfortunately there is a need for the autotools in /opt/ltib/...
although I can't recall which package needs it (I do have notes
somewhere though).

Is there any chance of updating git in LTIB? The version in git is really old compared to current versions distributed with Ubuntu, and it causes problems when trying to use git to pull out branches of a packages while building (i.e. building a package from an SCM as opposed to from tarball/patches).

Also bison and flex in LTIB are also quite old and cause problems when building hostapd and libnl-2.0 to bring up soft AP wireless systems...

Granted I know I'm in a breadline begging for toast, but how can I teach ltib to remove a host package if its no longer called out for in config/userspace/ltib.preconfig? Then it should be relatively easy to disable flex/bison and add them to pre_install_deps, remove .host_wait_warning* and the next "./ltib" should clean things up in /opt/ltib/user/bin...

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden