Re: [Ltib] Programming for an ltib system

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Programming for an ltib system
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:21:46 +0200

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 09:44, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Qt is horrible to package, but if I recall qtopia.spec deals with a similar
> situation when it builds the host tools that are needed (once).  Take a look
> at dist/lfs-5.1/qtopia/qtopia.spec, maybe that helps?

Yes indeed, Qt is a horrible package ;)

I don't think the situation is similar to qtopia though, since the
tools built by Qt are needed by all subsequent packages that use Qt.
This means I need to put them somewhere on the $PATH (I settled for
${TOP}/bin), and I also need to install a few data files needed by
those tools (I settled for ${TOP}/bin here too). It seems to work all
right, but it's far from elegant.

Am I correct in my assessment that this scenario is rather poorly
supported by ltib (and probably every other rootfs builder out there
too)?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: address@hidden   jabber: address@hidden