Re: [Ltib] Programming for an ltib system

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Programming for an ltib system
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:13:31 +0200

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 15:32, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 1. Adding an option for including my package to the config, and a path
>> entry in case the option is turned on.
>> 2. Modifying 'ltib' itself so that the config variable holding the
>> path makes it into the environment for use in the spec file.
>> 3. A spec file.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointers, they really did help a lot.
>
> You should not have to modify ltib itself.  If you need environment
> variables passed to your spec file, if the keys set in the configuration
> system have the pattern:
>
> _PRECONFIG or _WANT_ or SYSCFG_
>
> they will be automatically exported. Grep some .spec files in
> dist/lfs-5.1 to see how they get used.

Ah, cool, I'll have to take a look at that then.

>> Another question I ran into was how to get to the kernel headers when
>> compiling my package. Should I point to the headers in
>> $LTIB/rpm/BUILD/linux/include or is there a better place to use? (I
>> didn't find such a pointer in the rpmbuild environment, it would be a
>> handy thing to have pre-defined, no?)
>
> For well behaved userspace programs you normally get them from the root
> filesystem staging area (rootfs/usr/include).  These are automatically
> wired into the compiler spoofing and so you don't need to do anything
> special for these (just use the normal #include <linux/...>)

It's a rather well-behaved userspace program which includes from
linux/..., but the headers didn't seem to get wired in properly in my
case. Is there something I need to think about configuring to get it
working properly in my case?  The headers need to remain so that I
have access to them when developing my application (i.e. in subsequent
calls to `ltib -m scbuild` and such).  This goes for headers for libs
too.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: address@hidden   jabber: address@hidden