Re: [Ltib] Query on interfacing IMX27 keyboard with Dillo browser.

From: Alan Carvalho de Assis
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Query on interfacing IMX27 keyboard with Dillo browser.
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:20:47 -0200

Hi Rajesh,

On 1/8/10, Rajesh Marathe <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Firstly, thanks a lot for the information.
> I did try to include the 'keyboard keybd' command and the commands look
> like below:
>
> mx27# if [ ! -e /dev/tty0 ]; then ln -s /dev/vc/0 /dev/tty0;
> fi
> mx27# if [ ! -e /dev/tty1 ]; then ln -s /dev/vc/1 /dev/tty1;
> fi
> mx27# if [ ! -e /dev/tty2 ]; then ln -s /dev/vc/2 /dev/tty2;
> fi
> mx27#
>
> mx27# export
> DISPLAY=:0.0
> mx27# Xfbdev -keybd keyboard,,/dev/input/event0
> &
>
> I still get an error like below:

> expected keysym, got XF86Battery: line 59 of
> inet
> expected keysym, got XF86WLAN: line 60 of
> inet
> expected keysym, got XF86Suspend: line 174 of
> inet
> expected keysym, got XF86Battery: line 205 of
> inet
> expected keysym, got XF86Bluetooth: line 206 of
> inet
> expected keysym, got XF86WLAN: line 207 of
> inet
> expected keysym, got XF86Hibernate: line 214 of
> inet
> added keyboard Unknown KDrive Keyboard with dix id
> 2
> Kbd option key (/dev/input/event0) of value ((null)) not
> assigned!
> added keyboard Unknown KDrive Keyboard with dix id 3
>
> I have included mxc_keypad in the LTIB config and it is registered
> as /class/input/event0 as I saw from output. So, what could be the issue
> here ?

I don't remember getting this kind of error. Also I don't need to pass
the device used (/dev/input/event1 in my system), then my command is
just:

Xfbdev -screen 800x480x60 -ac -mouse tslib,,device=/dev/input/event0
-mouse mouse -keybd keyboard &

I think Kdrive is smart enough to find out the keyboard. Even when I
connect a USB keyboard with Kdrive already on it can detect and use
keyboard correctly.

Best Regards,

Alan