Re: [Ltib] LTIB is showing error

From: Niamathullah sharief
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB is showing error
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:12:12 +0530

yes i am having the same one...
 But when i try to install the package i am getting as "package not found"

see:
address@hidden:/usr/bin# apt-get install libz.so*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libz.so*
address@hidden:/usr/bin# apt-get install libz.so.1.2.3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libz.so.1.2.3
address@hidden:/usr/bin# sudo apt-get install zlib1g
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
zlib1g is already the newest version.
address@hidden:/usr/bin# apt-get install libz.so
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libz.so
address@hidden:/usr/bin# apt-get install libz.so.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libz.so.1
address@hidden:/usr/bin#

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Niamathullah,

As this is an ISO image from Freescale I can't be sure what it uses (in that version) for detection of host packages.  You can look and find this in the file: bin/Ltibutils.pm.   The Savannah CVS version has this:

   zlib         => sub { my @f = (glob('/usr/lib/libz.so*'),
                                  glob('/lib/libz.so*'),
                                  glob('/lib64/libz.so*')  ); @f > 1 ? 1 : 0 },
   'zlib-devel' => sub { -f '/usr/include/zlib.h' },

If yours is the same, check to see you have the files it is testing for.  In the case of zlib, at least one of the files must exist.  In zlib-devel it's looking for just the single include file.

If your copy is not the same, you need to get help from Freescale (they neded to upgrade the BSP, or you need to use an early host distribution for the installation).

Regards, Stuart

Niamathullah sharief wrote:
see the output

  address@hidden:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
   sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev

   [sudo] password for ariem:

   Reading package lists... Done

   Building dependency tree

   Reading state information... Done

   zlib1g-dev is already the newest version.

   zlib1g-dev set to manually installed.

STILL I AM GETTING THE SAME ERROR.HELP ME

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Alan Carvalho de Assis <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

   Hi,

   On 12/22/09, Niamathullah sharief <address@hidden
   <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
    > Hello, I am trying to install gstreamer codec in IMX51 board. for
   that i
    > downloaded onr document from website. I folloed the steps
   accourding to that
    > document. In that when i tried to install LTIB by giving command
   ./ltib. It
    > is not working. All other things are fine. I copies all the
   things in /opt
    > and i replaced the spec files. Now my error is

  address@hidden:~/Desktop/plugins/L2.6.28_4.5.1_SDK_Aug2009_source/ltib$
    >> ./ltib
    >>
    > sh: tclsh: command not found
    >>
    >
    >> ltib cannot be run because one or more of the host packages
   needed to run
    >> it
    >>
    > are either missing or out of date or not in ltib's standard path.
   Please

    > install/upgrade these packages on your host. If you have your own
   utilities

    > in non-standard paths, please add an entry into the .ltibrc file for
    >> example:
    >>
    >
    >> %path_std
    >>
    > /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/my/own/exes
    >>
    >
    >> Package Minimum ver Installed info
    >>
    > ------- ----------- ---------------
    >>
    > zlib-devel 0 not installed
    >>
    > rpm 0 not installed
    >>
    > rpm-build 0 not installed
    >>
    > m4 0 not installed
    >>
    > bison 0 not installed
    >>
    > tcl 0 not installed

   You just need to install the above packages in your host computer. If
   you use a Debian like distro (i.e. Ubuntu) use this:

   sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev

   And so on, for all missing packages.

   Best Regards,

   Alan