Re: [Ltib] Proper Addition of Device Node

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Proper Addition of Device Node
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:36:54 +0100

Hi Lysle,

For any file in the common area you should send a patch to the mailing list first with your proposed change. If these changes will be compatible/acceptable to all platforms the change will be applied. I would imagine any change you have in mind for device_table.txt would be common.

If you only want the change for your platform, then you have several choices:
   * use udev/mdev etc (and let runtime handle it)
   * use a merge/etc/rc.d/rc.local override
* use a per-platform sysconfig*.spec file in your platform area which can be used to create device nodes.

Regards, Stuart

Lysle Shields wrote:
What is the proper way to make a specific platform create a device node in
the root filesystem.  Editing ltib/bin/device_table.txt will affect everyone
when really only one platform needs to have that device node.

Suggestions?

(For now, I'm telling people to edit device_table.txt after running LTIB for
the first time)

Thanks,
Lysle Shields