RE: [Ltib] Building xorg-server; missing dependencies?

From: Alexandre Paradis
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Building xorg-server; missing dependencies?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:13:43 -0500

Hi Stuart,

Things are moving along.. ;)

Going forth with option #2, I performed the following as per your advice

1. Checkout the current CVS
2. Copied the MPC5121 configs from the old BSP to the latest version
3. Configured my packages (the build process failed before I did the next step)
4. ** Copied the *mpc5121*.spec files for u-boot and the kernel from my old BSP
to the latest dist/lfs/ folders

I re-started the build process, and everything seemed to work, except when it
got to the GDB package.

It's complaining that it can't execute compiled binaries (obviously since we're
cross-compiling), and says that I should add the "--host" flag:

        checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
        If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
        See `config.log' for more details.
        error: Bad exit status from /home/alex/savannah/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.74257
(%build)

While I don’t necessarily *need* GDB, it'd be nice to have it.  Where would I
add this flag?

Thanks a lot for your help!

--
Alex