Re: [Ltib] Puzzle: Booting hangs after tranferring from U-boot to Kernel

From: Kurt Mahan
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Puzzle: Booting hangs after tranferring from U-boot to Kernel
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:14:45 -0600

Hi Mike

Qin, Laigui (GE EntSol, Security) wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> Thanks for the pointing. My final goal is to build the Linux kernel with
> Ltib, so I posted it here at the beginning..
>
> Yes, I finally found this message in the cf_early_init(). The problem is
> that current booting hangs before this message... I think the Uboot
> parameter transferring maybe a cause. I have made a post in Uboot
> maillist and waiting for reponse...
>
> I have a Greenhill BDM degugger on hand, but since the source code is
> maintained by Makefile, I can only trace the steps in assembly :-(..

Well -- one of the first things to do is to figure out if you are
executing the kernel code after the handoff from uboot.  I would put a
halt instruction in linux/arch/m68k/coldfire/head.S and then see if it
gets hit.  And then step through head.S with the debugger.
> For the clock, you mean the external RTC? The memory map is a little
> different, I handled the difference in Uboot, but in Ltib, I am not sure
> where the change should happen and how. Can you give me a guide?

I meant the processor clock rate -- if you change that you need to
change some params in the kernel config file.

--Kurt