lout-users

Re: Layout Problem

From: Matthias Teege
Subject: Re: Layout Problem
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:38:17 +0200

In message <address@hidden> you write:

Moin,

[...]

> I don't think you can stretch @Document to do what you want.  While
> this might sound outright unhelpful, but your best bet is developing a
> new layout (by extending @DocumentSetup) rather than trying to fight
> assumptions made by @OrdinarySetup that simply does not hold in your
> case.
>
> I conclude from what you've written that this is going to be a tool
> for long term use, so investment of effort in these early stages will
> save you scalability troubles in the future (multipage flyers &c).

I'll now go the hard way and create flyerf from the scratch. Today I I
read the Experts Guide very attentiv but I didn't found any
startingpoint. So I read the source code from doc and docf but the are
also very complex.

Are there any realy simple layouts available for download where I can
learning from?

> Out of curiosity I counted "interesting" lines of code in reportf from
> 3.10 and it was ~120 lines out of ~900, others being *highly*
> stereotyped.  Since flyers are structurally much simpler than reports,
> I'd estimate total of ~300 lines of code for your "flyerf"
> (e.g. slidesf is 291 non-blank, non-comment lines long).

Yes, because I need the right ones. I'm very interested to learning
the lout syntax because of the programm is very usefull for me and I
have a lot ideas for nice layouts. :-)

Thanks for your help
Matthias