lmi

[lmi] PATCH: Upgrade xmlwrapp to 0.9.0 (was: Another compiler upgrade)

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] PATCH: Upgrade xmlwrapp to 0.9.0 (was: Another compiler upgrade)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 23:46:47 +0200

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 14:30:36 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-04-08 13:08, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
GC> >  What about upgrading xmlwrapp to be able to use the recently added
support
GC> > for RelaxNG schemas? If you'd like to do this too, we need to make a new
GC> > (0.9.0) release of this library too, as lmi installation currently uses a
GC> > release tarball (and I don't see any reason for changing this), please let
GC> > me know if we should.
GC>
GC> Yes, please. The best time to do that is now, because we're upgrading
GC> other things and need to test the whole system carefully anyway.

 Hello,

 I've created https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/81 using the latest xmlwrapp
0.9.0 release. It's pretty trivial, as nothing needs to be changed so far
and there are no patches specific to this version, but I did test it and
everything seemed fine here.

 BTW, I didn't do it in my PR, but I think that all the files pertaining to
the older xmlwrapp versions, i.e. xmlwrapp-0.[678]*.{md5sums,patch}, should
be simply removed as there is no need for them any more and they just
litter the working directory (and require too many TAB presses when
autocompleting the file names). We shouldn't need to duplicate the VCS job
with filename-level hacks. And, while we're at it, I'd also consider
renaming xmlwrapp-0.9.0.md5sums to just xmlwrapp.md5sums, it's not like
there is any danger of confusion here (MD5 sums wouldn't match if it there
ever were a version mismatch).

 Also, https://github.com/vslavik/xmlwrapp/releases/tag/v0.9.0 includes
both tar.gz and tar.xz downloads, with the latter being almost 1.5 times
smaller. I didn't change the makefile to use the .xz archive to avoid any
unnecessary changes, but if you'd like it, it would be very simple to use
the .xz download link instead -- please let me know if I should do this.

 Thanks,
VZ