lmi

Re: [lmi] newline in C++ variables

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] newline in C++ variables
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:15:41 +0200

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 12:16 -0400, Wendy Boutin wrote:
> The xml file that's fed to 'fop' (this message
>    http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2008-12/msg00006.html
> shows how to get that xml file) contains only one
> paragraph, so I'm thinking the breakdown in the
> pipeline is: C++ --> xml

Certainly. What exactly are you doing with the string? In other words,
how can I reproduce this behavior? I can't find anything similar in the
public sources.

> Is it possible this use case suggests some new feature for xmlwrapp?

I don't think there's a problem in xmlwrapp itself -- the library
preserves newlines in inserted text as it should, see this example:

           xml::node n("root");
           n.push_back(xml::node(xml::node::text("foo\n\nbar")));
           xml::document doc(n);
           std::cout << doc;

This produces, as expected:

                <?xml version="1.0"?>