lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Adding open files to MDI "Window" menu

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Adding open files to MDI "Window" menu
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:40:53 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:38:02 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I'll gladly receive patches with such conditionals at any time.

 Ok, thanks, I'm going to make some very soon (although not before the end
of the month...).

GC> I think we should test it ourselves, too.

 This would be great, of course!

GC> I know how annoying it is to be pestered with
GC>   "How soon will it be released?"
GC> so let me ask the inverse question. How much time, approximately, do
GC> we have for testing before the most optimistic wx-2.9.0 release date?

 I'd say that March 2 is the closest we can hope for. Although I'd estimate
our chances of really making it by then to not more than 50%.

GC> And should we start now, with svn trunk as it stands today, or is
GC> there some "stabilization" date we should wait for?

 One big change remaining to do before 3.0 (but I'm not sure if we do it
before 2.9.0 or not) is the reorganization of debug/release wx builds.
Basically we want to make wxASSERT/CHECK/FAIL available in all builds by
default to provide decent error reporting even when wx itself is not built
with debug information and also to have the same ABI for the debug and
release builds in order to allow switching the wx DLL used easily. I don't
actually know if this is really going to affect LMI much (right now I don't
see how it would but I could be missing something) but except for this
change nothing else definitely should. IOW while there are going to be
plenty of fixes and improvements and probably additions before 3.0, I don't
see anything that would make starting to test it later easier than doing it
now.

 Regards,
VZ