lmi

Re: [lmi] Adding open files to MDI "Window" menu

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Adding open files to MDI "Window" menu
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:38:02 +0000

On 2009-01-28 22:10Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:24:23 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  I return to this old topic which contained requests for several
> enhancements to MDI stuff in wxWidgets. I believe that all of them are now
> implemented in svn trunk (i.e. what will become 2.9.0 soon) but as I also
> significantly refactored and simplified the code while doing this, it is
> not easy at all to back port any of these fixes to 2.8 branch. So I hope
> that LMI switches to 2.9 (a.k.a. wx svn trunk) in some not too distant
> future so that it could profit from these fixes. In the meanwhile I'm going
> to test them myself in LMI (so far I only did it in wx mdi sample) and I'd
> like to ask you if you'd accept patches with changes inside "#if
> wxCHECK_VERSION(2, 9, 0)" even now or if I should keep these changes
> locally and submit them to you later when you do switch to 2.9?

I'll gladly receive patches with such conditionals at any time.

I think we should test it ourselves, too. We might notice different
things than you would. And it's better if we point out an issue just
before a wx release instead of just after, in particular because we
strive to distribute only formal wx releases.

I know how annoying it is to be pestered with
  "How soon will it be released?"
so let me ask the inverse question. How much time, approximately, do
we have for testing before the most optimistic wx-2.9.0 release date?
And should we start now, with svn trunk as it stands today, or is
there some "stabilization" date we should wait for?