lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] MinGW gcc-4.3, and .tar.lzma

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] MinGW gcc-4.3, and .tar.lzma
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 01:45:28 +0200

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:31:15 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Here's the relevant part of an unapplied local patch; I don't recall
GC> the reason for inhibiting each of these warnings, but IIRC the reasons
GC> will become obvious if you don't inhibit them.
GC>
GC> +ifeq (4.3.0,$(gcc_version))
GC> +  # Suppress spurious gcc-4.3.0 warnings:
GC> +  gcc_version_specific_warnings := \
GC> +    -Wno-array-bounds \
GC> +    -Wno-attributes \
GC> +    -Wno-conversion \
GC> +    -Wno-parentheses \
GC> +    -Wno-uninitialized \
GC> +    -Wno-unused \
GC> +endif

 There is another warning which needs to be disabled in debug build:
-Wdisable-optimization, enabled now, results in

cc1plus.exe: warnings being treated as errors
cc1plus.exe: error: -funit-at-a-time is required for inlining of functions that
are only called once
make: *** [liblmi_la-authenticity.lo] Error 1

(using autoconf-based build system but it should be the same for the
official makefiles). I think this warning doesn't make sense unless an -O
option is also specified (which would also enable -funit-at-a-time), do you
agree?

 Thanks,
VZ