lmi

Re: [lmi] MinGW gcc-4.3, and .tar.lzma

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] MinGW gcc-4.3, and .tar.lzma
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:42:35 +0200

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:43:19 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Here's a MinGW gcc-4.3 roadmap:
GC>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.devel/2788
GC> I'll look into building lmi with the alpha gcc binaries. We might
GC> not be able to use it for production yet (I don't think it solves
GC> the dll exception-handling problem
GC>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-04/msg00157.html
GC> ),

 Just FYI: I recently saw a link to experimental 4.3.2 packages available
on http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/index.php in a post to wx-users and it
seems like the exception handling problem is solved now, see "usage notes"
paragraph.

 I didn't try to build neither wxWidgets nor LMI with this compiler but I'd
be curious to do it. It should be much faster as this version is supposed
to have functional PCH support (of course, this won't help with LMI until I
end working on PCH patch for it...).

 Regards,
VZ