liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] LW 5.6.0pre1 windows binary

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] LW 5.6.0pre1 windows binary
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:15:40 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 05:28:21PM +0000, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> On Sunday 30 Nov 2003, Christian Mauduit Wrote:
> I have tried the binary, and found that I have made one minor screwup in
> langdk.c
BTW, did the game ran in Danish right away or did you have to turn on
danish support manually (I assume you're using some Danish Windows OS).

> I have attached a new readmedk.txt, and "Random map" should be translated
> to "Tilfaeldig bane"
OK, thanks, this has been included in the CVS upstream source, I'll
hopefully find some time this week-end to do the final packaging for
LW 5.6.0.

> Too bad the random map didnt make it to windows yet ... Its fun to generate
> maps, though! :-)
Well I'm pretty disappointed it did not work on Windows like it did on
UNIX, I really didn't expect that problem. I had expected other win32
related problems, which did not happen, but had this one 8-/ The point
is I think I should not delay 5.6.0 too much. There are still some bugs
(this one, also a bunch of network bugs) but I think this is not a
reason to delay the "official" release of your maps/translation and also
David's lwmapgen.

> It would be great if a texture was created, based on the map. Not exactly a
> new idea, but it could still be fun!
My personnal view is that LW5 already went far beyond what it was
planned to do at first (1998...) and in a rather near future the Liquid
War project should enter some form of new state where LW5 will of course
be *the* playable-and-hopefully-almost-bug-free release of the game, and
LW6 will be *the* branch which will have many enhancements, nice
features, graphics, and on which I'll try and spend more time.

> Hey, maybe we should kill some of my levels? Big 1, Skull 2, Space 2,
> Papercut and Rough seems to be to slow to be playable, and Blemmya and
> Confuse seems to lack gameplay. Or is my computer just to slow? I cant
> remember when I bought it, so its probably outdated! :-)
Well, I didn't notice that any of your map was really too big and/or
slow. I run LW on an 1.4Ghz computer, and it's fine for me 8-)

Unless your really want to remove them, I suggest we just keep them. If
people do not want these levels, they can simply skip them. It's true
that the current interface does not make handling hundreds of levels
very easy, but well, as I said above -> the big cleanup will be for 6.x.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___