liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] LW 5.6.0pre1 windows binary

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] LW 5.6.0pre1 windows binary
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:28:21 +0000

On Sunday 30 Nov 2003, Christian Mauduit Wrote:

I just generated a windows binary containing David's map generator,
Kasper's Danish translation, and it also has the "associate maps with
textures" feature. This is simply a snapshot reflecting the current CVS
state.

I generated it mostly for testing, the "official" release should follow
when I'm sure there's no bug left 8-)

I have tried the binary, and found that I have made one minor screwup in langdk.c

LW_LANGEN_DATA[LW_LANG_STRING_GRAPHICS_GAME] = "Game";
Should be replaced by:
LW_LANGEN_DATA[LW_LANG_STRING_GRAPHICS_GAME] = "Spil";

The "Associate maps with texture" feature seems great! I also enjoyed the "new"
map+textures!

Also, there's still a few items to be translated, AFAIK it's:
- the readmedk.txt file (README.dk on UNIX) which lacks the "short
  description", which is also used for RPMs BTW.
- a translation for "Random map" (the label for the button which calls
  David's generator).

I have attached a new readmedk.txt, and "Random map" should be translated to "Tilfaeldig bane"

Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to launch lwwinmap.exe (the windows
name for lwmapgen) from Liquid War for some weird and rather boring
technical issues. So I disactivated the button on Windows platform, and
one has to launch the program manually instead 8-( I'll try and find
a solution but I really have no clue on how to solve this yet...

Too bad the random map didnt make it to windows yet ... Its fun to generate maps, though! :-)

It would be great if a texture was created, based on the map. Not exactly a new idea, but it could still be fun!

Hey, maybe we should kill some of my levels? Big 1, Skull 2, Space 2, Papercut and Rough seems to be to slow to be playable, and Blemmya and Confuse seems to lack gameplay. Or is my computer just to slow? I cant remember when I bought it, so its probably outdated! :-)

- Kasper

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.dk/