Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 21:12:38 +0200

Am Di., 21. Mai 2019 um 18:03 Uhr schrieb David Bellows <address@hidden>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for jumping in!

Well, without Urs' minimal I wouldn't have. Thanks Urs!

> > At least in the minimal one can workaround with inserting \noBeam:
>
> It works in some cases but not when that last pitch it tied to
> previous notes (see attached pdf).

Here it works with \noBeam:
  <<
    \new Staff { c'1 c'1 }
    \new Staff { c'1 c'4~ c'16 \noBeam }

Could you please provide a minimal where it does not?

> Karim provided a workaround:
>
> \once \set Staff.whichBar = "|." \override Staff.Clef.stencil=##f \set
> PianoStaff.shortInstrumentName = #"" \stopStaff

Main thing here is
  \stopStaff

The other settings may have more to do with a personal workflow, I suppose.

Cheers,
  Harm