Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 09:03:35 -0700

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for jumping in!

> At least in the minimal one can workaround with inserting \noBeam:

It works in some cases but not when that last pitch it tied to
previous notes (see attached pdf). When they are not tied this works
well. In my use-case, I have Lilypond break notes up automatically
across beams and according to the beat using all kinds of durations so
this sort of thing happens a lot in the scores I generate.

Karim provided a workaround:

\once \set Staff.whichBar = "|." \override Staff.Clef.stencil=##f \set
PianoStaff.shortInstrumentName = #"" \stopStaff

along with: with \context {\Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves}

This seems to work in all my tests but I was hoping for cleaner
Lilypond files since my users will have access to them.

Dave