Re: Lyric line's vertical position is shifting from one staff system to

From: dfro
Subject: Re: Lyric line's vertical position is shifting from one staff system to the next.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 22:17:39 -0400

A P.S. to my beginner musings:

Perhaps, the VerticalAxisGroup stretchability variable could be adjusted in its behavior, so that when it is at 0, no bounding box/skyline safeguards are considered for the nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing property at all - the 'text baseline to staff center' relationship would be rigid with no stretching/shifting for any reason. If someone wants to use negative padding numbers to vertically place a lyric line up into a staff so that it clashes with objects, and also sets stretchability to 0, then so be it. (That could also apply to any of the other spacing properties: nonstaff-nonstaff, nonstaff-unrelatedstaff, etc.) I think that would make my situation work, if the developers deem it worthy of consideration. To my beginner observations, stretchability = 0 does not mean no stretchability, at the moment.

This is assuming I am not missing or misunderstanding something that is described in the extensive documentation. (Today, I found documentation on how to contribute to the documentation. LilyPond is an amazing project!)

Peace,
David