Re: Lilypond <-> Sibelius

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond <-> Sibelius
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:53:02 +0000

On 4/23/18, 3:02 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:

    You can take the portable version of Denemo on a USB stick and run the
    program anywhere (well, I just tried the public library), so you
    wouldn't have to try to transfer the file format. Since Denemo is only
    a front end for LilyPond you *must* be able to do the same with that...
    (Denemo bundles the current LilyPond stable so that everything is self-
    contained). You could work at the university on one of their computers
    and then return home with your work on a USB stick and continue at
    home.

I was doing some self-learning about music theory from some online resources
available at Kent State (Ohio) University.

They had assignments that were to be done in Sibelius, because they could
automatically grade the Sibelius files.   That is, it was a method for
providing known information, rather than seeing what music was created.
Unfortunately, the same could be done with LilyPond; it's too bad that they
don't work with LilyPond instead.

But at least I can see this as one rationale for requiring the use of a
particular score creator.

Carl