Re: New LilyPond website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:44:48 +0000

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 05:31:20AM -0500, John Roper wrote:
> OK, I was asking because I have written a static command line HTML site
> generator that builds from HTML, Markdown, reStruturedText, Textile, Plain
> Text (.txt), and Microsoft Word (.docx).
>
> http://jmroper.com/blended

I am not convinced that that changing our HTML generation is in
our best interest at this time.

Design is almost entirely a question of CSS.  I'd like to see some
serious effort at improving the CSS, since that it 99% of the
user-visible changes, and does not negatively impact the rest of
our code.  Again, I suggest that you look at:
https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-web-css

If there is a need to style a particular element that currently
lacks an id= or class= name, I'd be quite happy to add that to our
existing texinfo and static site generation.

Cheers,
- Graham