Re: Blended, static site generator [WAS: Re: New LilyPond website]

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Blended, static site generator [WAS: Re: New LilyPond website]
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 23:32:04 +0100

Am 04.02.2017 um 22:16 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Separating website content from general documentation should definitely
>> be an option.
> What advantages do you expect from it?

Breaking the technical tie between documentation and website makes it
possible to update the (much smaller) website independently from the
documentation system. Basically I have the impression that we will never
change the basic documentation system anymore because it's such a
complex and historically grown system. And everytime someone comes to us
proposing more-than-cosmetic changes they are eventually rejected
because they are not compatible with that inflexible system.

--
Urs Liska
https://openlilylib.org