Re: How to work with large orchestral1 projects

From: Carl-Henrik Buschmann
Subject: Re: How to work with large orchestral1 projects
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 08:51:12 +0100

Hi again,

I try to do this dymanic acrobatic:

"sfz > pp <"

In my mind i figured that nothing can come from nothing, so i tried the following:

  <<
    {a2}
    \\
    {s4\sfz\> s4\pp\<}

But this produces only the top voice with the stem the wrong way (of course). Any ideas?

Med vennlig hilsen,
Carl-Henrik Buschmann
Lektor

Hi guys,

I'm trying to learn how to use lilypond to typeset orchestral material.
Handling large projects is fun but good documentation regarding this is hard
to come by. I'm still a lilypond novice and my Google-Fu has let me down, I
need help.

I'm using my own orchestration which i engraved in Sibelius a while back.

This is my original sibelius score i.e.: the "ideal":
http://i.imgur.com/fIQJN8v.png

And this is my lilypond output so far:
http://i.imgur.com/g2OL258.png