Re: Telemann's "Strich"

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Telemann's "Strich"
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:28:40 +1100

I think he should adhere to the original look and feel. After all the work is entirely embedded in the 18c cultural milieu – figured bass practice, can’t get much more 18c than that – and the urge to squash everything into our Barenreiter Common Era practice look and feel should be relaxed somewhat occasionally. This is really closely related to the seemingly unpopular thread recently on curved beams. I for one take effort to make my contemporary scores match the aesthetic of the composer they are from, and my 18c scores to have some sort of 18c feel where possible. Perhaps I should buy some copper sheet and a set of gravers. :-)

Andrew