Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:40:20 -0400

Hi,

> I browsed through several google search results for those keywords, but
> all I found were questions related to spacing and custom marks contexts,
> but I still can't figure out what I need to do to get the metronome
> marks to appear above each StaffGroup. Do you have a short sample that I
> can peruse for reference? Sorry if this is really n00b-ish... I'm
> relatively new to lilypond and I'm still trying to wrap my head around
> exactly how engravers, contexts, and layout blocks are supposed to work
> together. I did find one or two versions of a ScoreMarks or MarkLine
> context, but can't figure out what's the correct way to use them.

Hopefully the snippet below helps.

Cheers,
Kieren.

\version "2.19.16"

\layout {
 \context {
   \type "Engraver_group"
   \name ScoreMarks
   \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
   \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
   \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = #DOWN
   \consists "Mark_engraver"
   \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
   \override TimeSignature.stencil = #point-stencil
   \consists "Metronome_mark_engraver"
   \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-unrelatedstaff-spacing.padding = #4
 }
 \context {
   \Score
   \remove "Mark_engraver"