Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:58:00 -0700

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 05:47:15PM -0400, Stephen MacNeil wrote:
> You could always do a markup ?
>
> tpo = \markup {
>
> {\bold Allegro \hspace #1
>
> \concat { \lower #.25 ( \small \raise #.25 \note #"4" #UP } \hspace #.5 { =
> 90 \raise #.5 \musicglyph #"scripts.tenuto"\concat{ 120\bold )}}
>
> } }
[...]

Well, the point is that I don't want to have to type tempo markings
multiple times, much less to manually re-typeset each \tempo marking. I
was hoping that since lilypond knows how to collect \tempo markings from
individual staves and combine them to the global Score context, it
should be capable, in theory, of redistributing this information back
down to the StaffGroup level.

It is widely believed that reinventing the wheel is a waste of time; but I
disagree: without wheel reinventers, we would be still be stuck with wooden
horse-cart wheels.