Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Copying metronome marks to multiple \StaffGroup's
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 17:01:04 -0700

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 02:40:52PM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Search for “ScoreMarks” or “MarkLine” in the archives and snippets.
> There are lots of discussions about this.
[...]

Hi Kieran,

I browsed through several google search results for those keywords, but
all I found were questions related to spacing and custom marks contexts,
but I still can't figure out what I need to do to get the metronome
marks to appear above each StaffGroup. Do you have a short sample that I
can peruse for reference? Sorry if this is really n00b-ish... I'm
relatively new to lilypond and I'm still trying to wrap my head around
exactly how engravers, contexts, and layout blocks are supposed to work
together. I did find one or two versions of a ScoreMarks or MarkLine
context, but can't figure out what's the correct way to use them.

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In English," he
said, "A double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such as
Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language
wherein a double positive can form a negative." A voice from the back of the
room piped up, "Yeah, yeah."