Re: mea máxima culpa

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: mea máxima culpa
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:46:14 -0400

Hi all,

> I have no idea how your email system would figure out just what mail Tim
> had been replying to.  The information is just not there in the headers.

Apple Mail uses the Subject (as text), and I imagine there are other
applications that do the same.
This of course leads to any number of frustrations, including "re: re: test"
not being threaded with "re: test", and mail from completely different
conversations (with the same subject line) being threaded together.

Cheers,
Kieren.