Re: divisi parts and another general question

From: Jethro Van Thuyne
Subject: Re: divisi parts and another general question
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 19:04:23 +0100

Sarah k Alawami (02 Mar 2013 @ 18:55)

Now on to the divisi. How do I do this? once I get the rhythms correct that is?
I'm hoping to get the rest of it done today. The cello and bass parts will be
easy. they are just octaves. I think I'll leave the 5gths out as I believe they
are in the upper parts and I want that oomph.

For divisi, have a look here:

  http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices

For short occurances of divisi, I like to use what the manual calls
"the double backslash construct".

Jethro.