Re: avoid slur help

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: avoid slur help
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:25:02 +0000

2008/12/29 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

> OK - have this in hand.  Thanks.

Trevor, I'm working on some additions to 'bound-details in
changing-defaults.itely at the moment.  When I've finished, I'll add
some info to the section which discusses 'outside-staff-priority.

As for the general issue with accidentals combined with scripts, I
think we need a way of supplementing the standard scripts with markup;
this would facilitate the creation of script equivalents to the markup
commands for accidentals, so they could be used for stacking with
articulations like turns and mordents, e.g.

\relative c' {
  \key d \minor
  cis\natural\turn
}

This would also be a simple way of implementing Reinhold's snappizz as
a proper articulation, or the accordion symbols (which have poor
positioning as markup).

I'll post a proof of concept patch later to demonstrate.

Regards,
Neil