Re: avoid slur help

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: avoid slur help
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:30:08 +0000

2008/12/27 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 10:37:35AM +0100, James E. Bailey wrote:
>>
>> Am 27.12.2008 um 01:07 schrieb Graham Percival:
>>
>>> Of course I omitted that.  You're assumed to have read the
>>> Learning Manual.  In particular, LM 4.5.1 and 4.5.2.
>>
>> So wait, the most useful piece of information, the piece of information
>> which could have been extremely helpful, the piece of information which I
>> obviously forgot, otherwise I wouldn't have asked, was intentionally
>> omitted? I realise that Graham has all of the manuals memorised and can
>> call them up in his mind like a database, but I am not so gifted. And
>> most of the time, I need a reminder.
>
> It wasn't /intentionally/ omitted.  I it up under the
> cunningly-disguised names of "Moving objects" and "Fixing
> overlappign notation".  You don't even need to use extra-offset;
> those pages list a number of other options for moving stuff
> around.

Actually, apart from 'extra-offset, there are no properties listed in
either section which would be useful for fixing James's problem, since
it relates to 'outside-staff-priority overriding 'avoid-slur, as I
pointed out earlier in the thread.

The same issue is responsible for your second 'bug' with musica ficta,
since AccidentalSuggestion also has a default for
'outside-staff-priority.

Regards,
Neil