Re: avoid slur help

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: avoid slur help
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 06:48:34 +0100 (CET)

> Oh, perhaps I haven't made this clear. I have read the learning
> manual.  I do not have it memorised.  I don't use extra offset all
> that often.  I asked for help because the ways I know of how to move
> the object, (namely looking in the IR for things that might control
> positioning the object, in this case, avoid-slur) didn't work.  And
> I wanted help understanding it, because usually when something
> doesn't work the way I'm expecting, it's because I don't understand
> what the expected behavior is.

The polemics aside, I think the most important question in this thread
is: Why haven't you found the necessary information in the manual?
Now that you know the answer (at least I hope you do), can you tell us
the reason?

Maybe missing references?  Missing examples?  Imprecise documentation?
The information you have searched for is in another chapter?
Something else?

    Werner