Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:55:36 +0000 (UTC)

Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen <at> byu.edu> writes:

> Jonathan Kulp <jonlancekulp <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Since we're trying to get rid of @example passages and use real musical
> > examples instead, I tried to make it work with music.  Here's the code I
> > used and the non-fatal error message that followed.
>
> Jonathan,
>
> Your code was almost right, but you made two Scheme errors.  Here's
> working code, with the errors identified.

Ummm -- my face is red, as I misread your email.

Please ignore my previous post.

I have written a remove-grace-property function, and verified that
it removes grace properties from the grace property list.  You can get
this code by downloading scm/music-functions.scm from the git
repository, if you aren't already pulling from git.  (But IIRC, you are
pulling from git).

Currently, it removes all values.  So if you had a value of 'direction as UP,
then changed it to DOWN, then did a remove-grace-property, you
would have no grace property of direction in the list.

Here is .ly code I used to test.

\relative c'' {
   \new Staff {
%  default is UP, and it is in the property list
%    uncomment this line to force DOWN
%    #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction DOWN)a
%    uncomment this line to remove UP (and DOWN if it's been
%    defined too.
%    #(remove-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction)
     \new Voice {
        \acciaccatura {
        f16
        }