Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: GDP: Rhythms: add-grace-property
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:14:10 +0100

2008/8/11 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> 2008/8/11 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:
>
>> "The layout of grace expressions can be changed throughout the
>> music using the function @code{add-grace-property}.  The following
>> example undefines the @code{Stem} direction for this grace, so
>> that stems do not always point up."
>>
>> @example
>> \new Staff @{
>>  #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction '())
>>  @dots{}
>> @}
>> @end example
>
> I suspect this is something that worked many moons ago, but as you've
> found out, you can't set 'direction to an empty list, or indeed to
> CENTER.
>
> The correct method to make grace notes behave like normal notes would
> be to use the same 'direction setting callback which the Stem grob
> uses:
>
> #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem ly:stem::calc-direction)

Of course, I completely ballsed this up, since 'direction is missing. :)

#(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction ly:stem::calc-direction)

Though now you can just use Carl's remove-grace-property function
instead, which will do the same thing without having to worry about
grob callbacks.

Regards,
Neil