Three questions about good German usage?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Three questions about good German usage?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:56:56 -0600

Hi,

I have three questions about good German usage:

1. Are "natürlichen Flageolettönen" and "künstlichen Flageolettönen" the correct terms for natural and artificial harmonics?

2. Is there a German term to describe the "stopped note" in an artificial harmonic? (In Italian we would say "capotasto" ... but I'm not sure I know a single term for this in English?) What I'm looking for is the note that's written as an actual filled, round note head (rather than the open diamond representing the lightly touched harmonic).

3. How does German translate the interval of a twelth? Say < c' g'' >? "Duodezime"?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden