Re: Limit on lilypond-book

From: Herman Grootaers
Subject: Re: Limit on lilypond-book
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:37:35 +0200

On Saturday 14 May 2005 15:31, Bernard Hurley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >From the log it looks like lilypond is failing when it gets to
>
> SwatijBozje06.ly. This suggests that either there is some obscure error
> in SwatijBozje06.ly, or, more likely that Lilypond has run out of
> memory. In the latter case it would be cured if lilypond-book caught the
> error and then submitted a shorter list of files - starting at
> lily-261943161 (= SwatijBozje06.ly) to lilypond. If it failed a second
> time it would be more or less certain the error was in the .ly file and
> a message could report something like:
>
> Unknown error in ....

Bernard

I just ran a check with two early files removed from the original file. now
there are 1105 files in the directory, but the breaking one went OK.

Restarting takes the files up on the one before the break occurs, so there is
somthing which is not quit right in lilpond-book. I will dig further into
this.