Re: Limit on lilypond-book

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Limit on lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 02:24:41 +0200

At Sat, 14 May 2005 21:37:35 +0200,
Herman Grootaers <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Saturday 14 May 2005 15:31, Bernard Hurley wrote:
> I just ran a check with two early files removed from the original file. now
> there are 1105 files in the directory, but the breaking one went OK.
>
> Restarting takes the files up on the one before the break occurs, so there is
> somthing which is not quit right in lilpond-book. I will dig further into
> this.

I didn't look closely at the output you sent (heaven helps...), but
TeX has indeed some fixed limits that are relatively easy to hit if
you stress it badly.

I assume you use TeTeX.  In this case, you can configure various
limits in /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf, or using the program "texconfig" on
the command line.  There are quite a lot of variables to tweak, and to
figure out which one you need to bump up you'd first need to find out
more about the nature of your problem.

I have a lilypond book with 136 songs (soon to be released), and it
works nicely for me.  But the songs are rather simple.

Thanks,
Marcus